Thursday, November 25, 2010

Encourage your hopes

The retro/vintage/distressed style doesn't come out of my fingers as easily as I wish, but this attempt isn't all that bad, I think. I felt inspired by other bloggers out there and wanted to incorporate as many details as possible without crowding the small space. The two pairs of wings fit nicely with the theme of the Tim Holtz stamp. Other embellishments are a bit of ric rac, some Scrapper's Floss, a rub-on border, white Crackle Paint and some Magic Mesh. I was so thrilled when I found that little film strip (altso Tim Holtz) at Bikuben, and despite that I've actually never used it until now... Shame on me. Is that a sign that my stash needs slimming?? Oh my... What a thought. :P The papers are BG Pyrus by the way, love them!

1 comment:

  1. You are full of talent.... love this page and distressed|vintage can be fun and sometimes not..... but this page is so fresh...... it works well here. Don't get me wrong, I am a big one for vintage and distressed objects... but sometimes you do see where it can be overdone. This is not that time. Love the angel wings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment! I read and enjoy every single one! :)
Because of a sudden surge of spam lately, I've decided to disable anonymous comments, in hope of eliminating the problem. Thank you for your patience. :)