Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Rainforest green

One of my friends, Kristine, just moved into a new appartment, and that deserves a celebratory card. A wallpaper with a lush rainforest photo print decorated one of the walls in the appartment - a statement design element indeed! I liked the idea of bringing that into the card, and this BoBunny paper does the job. I know she wanted to make some changes before moving in, so let's hope she hasn't replaced that wallpaper by now... If the rainforest is gone, this card will just have to serve as a reminder of what she bought in the first place. ;) I let the paper do most of the talking on the front page. The Stempelglede stamp ("You are fantastic!"), ribbon, a glimmermisted flower with leaves and some dots of Liquid Pearls, was more than enough. Oh, and at the last minute I remembered to add a "new home" sentiment in the corner... That is, after all, the occation! :P
-
I chose these two corners of the DP to decorate the inside, they fit together so well and leave a nice space for writing. I couldn't resist adding some flowers although they strictly speaking weren't necessary. The last corner decorates the back of the card and that means that I've actually spent an entire 12"x12" DP on one card! Phew... That doesn't happen often and feels a little scary but quite nice at the same time. Stashbusting in action!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment! I read and enjoy every single one! :)
Because of a sudden surge of spam lately, I've decided to disable anonymous comments, in hope of eliminating the problem. Thank you for your patience. :)